Wednesday, November 23, 2005

3 Coins in a Fountain (11/23)

Day 2 and we decided to venture around the city. Our first stop was the Trevi Fountain. Beautiful Baroque sculptures. I had to throw a coin in to ensure I'd come back (just like I did the last time I was here with my Mom in 2001). My only observation was the ridiculous stuff the street people are selling. Electronic bubble blowers, rubber stretchy balls...just stupid if anyone ever buys it. And they don't understand "No" until I make it look like I want to hit them. The next stop was the Pantheon. That was mega-impressive. Shannyn really enjoyed the Pantheon -- in her words: "Mind Blowing. This is so huge and how did they do this back then? We have computers nowadays, so how did they do this with no tools at all? It's so beautiful! It's brilliant!" We also stopped into the McDonald's -- only to use their toilet. We hit a couple of book stores too. Mostly, we just walked a lot. Walking a lot can make you hungry so we had to talk to Mr. Steves again and he led us to Ostaria da Mario. Word! We started with the antipasti misti and for primi Shannyn had spaghetti al pomodoro and I had spaghetti amatriciana (no risotto). Our secondi: Shannyn had pollo romana con patate and I had salsicci con broccoleti. No dolci for us -- but our bellies were full and we scored that one high on the food scale. More walking around -- just enjoying various parts of the city including Piazza Navona and Piazza Venezia brought us to a point where we wanted to kick back and relax. We caught a taxi back to the hotel. We did room service this night and I won't even describe it -- not very good. I had risotto (a "3" -- didn't even finish it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home