Saturday, January 14, 2006

Vertigo Sucks

Even though I am a big U2 fan and I enjoyed the Hitchcock movie, I think Vertigo sucks. Seriously. Let me explain. So, all is well right before New Year's -- I finish most of my major projects at work. I had a runny nose during the week, but I thought, yeah ok, it's just a runny nose. WRONG. I wake up on 12/31 and the room is spinning. I get out of bed and I can't even make it to the bathroom. I prayed to the porcelain god a little bit before they took me to the hospital. I can't remember what I got next -- valium followed by other stuff. Woo hoo! Fast forward 15 days later -- I am finally feeling like I am somewhat normal again. I spent 10 days in bed, and the last week learning how to walk again. Weak! I wonder if I remember how to drive. Doctor said I have labryinthitis:

Labyrinthitis is an inflammation of the inner ear canals. The labyrinth is made up of 3 semicircular canals located deep inside the inner ear that help control your balance. Inflammation of these canals, or labyrinthitis, can occur as a result of a viral or, more rarely, bacterial infection.

So I don't recommend you go out and get this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammm dude!!! Crazy stuff. Hope you are doing better now.

1/31/2006 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home